Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Get It in Writing | Type A Bride

Tips from One Type A Bride to Another

Because of both personal experience and seeing this happen to other brides we know, may I share a tip for couples planning their wedding?

Get Vendor Promises in Writing

I can't tell you how many vendors and especially venues promise brides to include something for which, after you've signed, paid, and think everything's set, they will charge you extra.

What's the Key to Not Get Charged Extra for What Was Promised?

Get it in writing ASAP and in detail. They need to bullet point all the things that are especially important for you to provide before you pay and sign on the dotted line. If it's not explicitly stated in the contract or invoice, you can easily be charged extra for it later on.

No bride needs that added stress.

Efficient businesses make this a priority before they sign and so should you.

Have you got any other tips, thoughts or experiences you have had with this? Let me know.

Your Fellow Type A Bride & Friendly Neighborhood Wedding Photographer,
Drexelle

1 comment:

  1. Great tip, Drexelle! I had my venue for the wedding turn into a sports bar 3 months before the date! Everyone had travel plans already and I had to start over from scratch in peak wedding season in Palm Springs!! Not easy! Ack! Luckily, I had a contract, and was able to sit down and insist that the owner was indebted to me. Since he couldn't afford to provide the formal club house he had just massacred, he was responsible for the bottom line.

    In the end, it all worked out better than the original plan, but if I had not had a COPY of my contract with him, I would have gotten married at a freaking sports bar in formal attire!!

    ReplyDelete